Friday, January 2, 2009

Ok so I'm a slacker

I really need to get better about my blog so here goes.  Couple of things I have either done or want to accomplish.

First of all starting on 12/28 I decided to do a Stamp to Spend Challenge, I will pay myself for making cards and Scrapbook pages, only problem is, I don't make any money, so I just might have to raid Maddy's piggy bank.  I am also paying myself for each exercise minute.  I didn't exercise today, but only because I felt so darn crummy.  But I am up to 55 minutes since 12/28 - 5 days in a row!

Ok so first off, I actually completed a Demo Challenge on Splitcoast.  It's for the monthly Wicked challenge, and I decided to do 2 of the 3 challenges.  Here's the details for the challenges

Color Combo: 
Baja Breeze, Cameo Coral and Blush Blossom

Sketch: 
Technique: 
Sparkly Stained Glass. Beate's tutorial is here.

And here's my take on the Color Combo and the Sketch:


Here's the details:
Stamps: Bitty Birthdays
Paper: Cameo Coral, Blush Blossom, Baja Breeze
Ink: Cameo Coral, Blush Blossom, Baja Breeze
Accessories: Gold EP, Gold Elastic Cord, Square Scallop
Techniques: Embossing, Masking
Difficulty (1-Easy 5-Advanced): 2

So I am glad I managed to put in a little creative time today, mainly thanks to my hubby who decided it was time to rearrange the basement (again), now mind you we have only lived here two years, but we rearrange rooms all the time, someday we will get it right.  So I did this with what I had organized, but overall I am pleased with what turned up.

Ok, so the next thing I am going to tackle, besides my goal of 10 Scrapbook pages this month, most will be due to the great challenges posted on Splitcoast, and the Virtual Scrapbooking Night at the end of this month is the Becky Higgins 365 project.  In a nutshell you are to take a picture each day and do a quick journal about it.  Well as much as I would love to take a picture every day as a small snippet of my life, it just isn't going to happen, however, you may see Newspaper articles, recipes, or something that just inspired me that day.  So while it will be mostly pictures, I will be adding in a few other tidbits as well.  So there you have it, stay tuned for my next entry, it should be a picture of my Week 1 layout for the 365 project.  And hey there's 2 pages down for January as well, $10 here I come!!!

No comments: